Male / Female Class Teacher - Elementary
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Must have and maintain valid license appropriate to assignment approved by KHDA
• Master’s Degree in education or core subject area
• 2 years teaching experience at the elementary level
• Experience teaching in the UAE in an American school
Essential duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintain appropriate licenses and training hours as required.
2. Comply with applicable UAE laws, rules and regulations.
3. Adhere to all standards and guidelines established by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA)
4. Adhere to all KHDA Rules related to licensed educators.
5. Attend work regularly.
6. Embrace and implement innovative instructional strategies.
7. Be flexible and adapt to student and school needs.
8. Be organized, reflective, participatory and punctual.
9. Be passionate about instructional excellence.
10. Focus on making learning visible through effective student engagement.
11. Work cooperatively with other team members to improve the instructional program.
12. Effectively use computers and technology to support effective instruction and student learning.
13. Evaluate and differentiate student progress and adapt individual programs to meet student needs.
14. Implement American curriculum and inquiry-based learning with rigor, purpose and planning.