Responsible to: Head of PE
Responsible for: Teaching and supporting all designated classes in PE
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a Teacher/Form Tutor.
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- To contribute to raising standards of student attainment.
- To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
- To undertake a designated programme of teaching across all key stages
- Teach consistently high quality lessons Plan and deliver schemes of work and lessons that meet the requirements.
- Be a role model for students, inspiring them to be actively interested in PE
- To maintain appropriate records and to provide relevant accurate and up-to-date information for SIMs.
- To complete the relevant documentation to assist in the tracking of students
- Set expectations for staff and students in relation to standards of achievement and the quality of learning & teaching
- Prioritise and manage time effectively, ensuring continued professional development in line with the role
- To follow the school policies and procedures
- To ensure the effective/efficient deployment of classroom support
To maintain discipline in accordance with the school procedures, and to encourage good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework
- Follow schemes of work for PE at all Key stages
- Promote aspects of Personal Development related to PE
- Updating professional knowledge and expertise as appropriate to keep up to date with developments in teaching practice and methodology, in general, and in the curriculum area of PE.
- Promote PE learning through out of hours activities.
- Ensuring a high quality learning environment within the PE area